Thursday, December 17, 2020

One week...

 

Since the doctor "pulled the tube."  Not having a bag strapped to your leg sure makes it easier to move around.

I used to be able to offer these as my redeeming qualities: "I'm loyal, don't eat much, and I'm housebroke."  Well, two out of three for right now.  I have been forthright in my descriptions of this post surgery stuff, since dignity is one of those things that went by the wayside.  The men's Depends are a part of my wardrobe.  The first couple days, I piddled like an excited Cocker Spaniel puppy.  I have been doing the Kegel exercises and there is improvement.  Nighttime is the right time... I have to get up a couple times during the night to visit the potty, but I stay mostly dry.  I don't know if I am just tired by the time evening rolls around, but it's a good thing to have that pad in my pants.

Joan has said, "Now you know how we women feel, needing a pad for one week out of four.  I'm glad that's in the past."  Even without the testosterone inhibitor, I'm thinking this isn't quite the same... and for the record: blue balls.  Yeah, digressing.  Incontinence is normal for a period of time after prostate removal.  There doesn't seem to be a consensus on how long that "period of time" might be... months... a year... 18 months.  I'm encouraged by the improvement in this week.

Got to go (pun intended)... time for my Kegel reps.  No photos; you're welcome. 


No comments: