Monday, August 1, 2022

A Hot Ride and a Warm Glow...

 

Pushing 100º for a high in the Black Hills today.  There is a forest fire in the western Hills that started last night and is 0% contained... it makes for "an orange filter" in the air.

I got out early, but it was still plenty warm.  I was planning to take a break from shooting any video, but I spent some time last night polishing a scratch in the lens of one of my 360 cameras - I wanted to see if my efforts paid off.

Some stills of today's ride (notice the "warm" look to the photos?)...

Coming into one of the splits...




 




Glad to be in my lane...


Deer!


No particular order to those photos, just a look at the ride.  I was back before noon, and it was plenty hot.  After a refreshing shower, I suggested Chinese for lunch - Joan was onboard.  The food was good, the prices were up about 30% over last year.  But, did I mention: the food was good.

Back to the coach, Rufus and I took a nap.  Then Rufus and Joan took a nap.  Joan spent some time on the patio until the heat drove her in; I stayed inside thanks to the smoke in the air.  Rufus took another nap.

Then I spent some time working up the video and these photos... looks like the polishing worked.  Here's the video...



No comments: