Friday, August 26, 2022

Flashbacks!

 

Quite a thunderstorm last night, ramping up around 9:00 pm.  Thunderbolts and lightning, very very frightening... Galileo.  Um, sorry, I got off on a tangent.  But, if you said, "Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody, 1975," you get 10 bonus points.

The rain pounded and the thunder rumbled.  We were worried that Rufus might get freaked out, but he took his cues from us and just sat by me... until it was time for his 9:00 feeding, and he ate fine while the storm did its thing.  I thought I heard a couple "tinks" on the skylite - I turned on our outside light to look around: only liquid, nothing of the frozen variety.

It was one year ago today when Hart Ranch got pounded by the biggest hail I've ever seen.  Totaled the CR-V and the cargo trailer, did some gawd-awful damage to the roof and cab on the motorhome.  There were some "Oh, no!" type posts on the Hart Ranch Facebook Group as last night's storm ramped up.  We were both keeping an eye on radar, happy to have a reprieve after 10:00, but seeing that more was coming.  The second round moved over us between 11:00 and midnight, but was much lighter than the first.

Rufus handled it all just fine.  I haven't been out to check, but I'm guessing all that dirt we brought with us from being in the Meadows got rinsed off.

Whew!

 

No comments: