Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Triumph...

 

We made a run into Rapid City (after I got in a bicycle and motorcycle ride), with a few stops planned and a late lunch at our new favorite Mexican restaurant here.  After a stop at Cabela's, where I anticipated getting some shorts (I didn't, but Joan did), we had some time to kill before heading to the restaurant... I suggested we stop at the nearby Honda (motorcycle) dealer.

They would probably be better off promoting themselves as something besides Honda, since the selection of new Hondas on their sales floor was downright pathetic.  Oh, they had a decent selection of used bikes, so it was apparent that they were buying what they could find for used and putting them on the floor to fill up all that empty space.  If the supply chain is getting back to normal, it didn't show here.

They had a few new CF Moto bikes (Chinese made) on the floor...


 Not my style, but it gives them something to show.  While I am not a fan of the Chinese made bikes, these looked pretty decent.  It remains to be seen if they are reliable.

They are also a Triumph dealer... I have a soft spot in my heart for Triumphs.  This one is my favorite...

It's a Triumph Speedmaster.  The list price they have on it is about $1500 higher than the same bike was last year; and no doubt they will get it.  On that supply and demand range, the supply is still painfully low.  A couple others: a Bonneville (the quintessential Triumph)...

That sign on the front of the bike is proudly declaring that it will get 47 miles per gallon.  For those who think motorcycles are so good on fuel mileage - that seems kinda low to me.  When I fueled up my CTX today, I got 74.5 mpg.

And, a Triumph Bobber...


Stripped down and looking mean.  Kinda like my Vespa last summer, after the front fender removal thanks to Bambi.  ;-)

What's that?  No, I am not looking for another bike - I am very happy with my CTX.  Sometimes, when we are right in the neighborhood, it passes some time to look.  Joan waited in the car - she had no interest.  And, speaking of my CTX, they had a used one for sale...

 

It was equipped to be a touring bike, with the tall windshield, saddle bags, a large trunk, Corbin seat, and crash bars front and rear.  The red looks sharp.  Not a Dual Clutch Transmission model.  I didn't ask price... in fact, no one acknowledged me while I was in there.  Another casualty of today's business climate.

Lunch was good, back at ¿Que Pasa?  With the left overs, we'll have supper for tomorrow.



No comments: