Saturday, August 27, 2022

What a difference a day makes...

 

Yesterday early evening, I took the CTX out for a run on Iron Mountain Road.  I have commented before about timing things to avoid traffic - I am generally referring to anything in my lane.  Yes, I believe that everyone should be able to drive/ride this great road at whatever speed suits them... but, if they are going to drive slow, they should use the pullouts to allow others to drive the speed that suits them.

Absolutely zero traffic in my lane and only 6 vehicles the entire stretch of Iron Mountain Road coming at me in the other lane.  At shortly after 6:00 pm.  On a Friday.  One bike, 2 cars, 1 pickup, 1 SUV, and 1 Sprinter chassis van (a "stealth" camper - no RVish strips or identifiers on the exterior).  Over that 17 mile stretch.  No, I didn't take a camera.

This morning, around 10:00 am, I decided to get in another ride before it got hot.  I eventually made my way to Iron Mountain Road again.  Yeah, a lot more traffic on a Saturday morning.  Still, there were parts of it with no slow-moving vehicles in front of me, so it was an enjoyable outing.

I did shoot some 360 video and made a couple "shorts"...


 

Less than a minute each.  Mostly a little something for me when I can't be out riding.

Hope you're having a great weekend!


No comments: