Tuesday, September 13, 2022

A Great Ride...

 

"So, Jim, do you ever have a crappy ride?" you ask.  Thanks for asking.  I can't think of a crappy ride since we've been here in the Black Hills this season.  Seriously, the riding really is good here.

Plenty of smoke in the area still; early this morning...


 It never really cleared, but there were pockets of clear air as we rode.  We did the twisty roads leading to Iron Mountain Road; took Playhouse Road to Needles Highway; Needles Highway to the picnic area at Hole in the Wall; from there, continuing on Needles Highway, through the Needles Eye Tunnel, then out on Highway 87;  Highway 87 to 385 to 244 to take us by Mt Rushmore.  Heading down the hill from seeing George and his buddies, I asked Joan what route she wanted to take back to Hart Ranch... "How about Iron Mountain Road?"  Seriously, that is the answer to almost any question while we're here.  ;-)  We ran the length of Iron Mountain Road back to Custer State Park to Highway 36 to Highway 70 to Spring Creek Road, and back to Hart Ranch.

I did not take a video or still camera, but I did get the phone out for a couple shots: this one at the picnic area...


Joan took a selfie of us, to show that I was along for the ride...


We stopped at one of the pull-outs further up Needles Highway to get a photo of the scenery...




The traffic was light.  Fall colors are just starting to appear at the higher elevations.  Not sure how many opportunities I'll have to get any video of that as our time here is down to a week.  And the weather weasels are calling for "scattered thunderstorms" for the next 4 days.   We'll see how that plays out.

I did get to deal with the folks from Revzilla after we got home.  I received a package from them yesterday with knee armor and a plexiglass face shield (with a light smoke tint) for my helmet.  The genius in their shipping facility threw the armor in the box with the face shield and next to no packing material (3 "air bubbles," two of them with no air).  Of course, the face shield got scratched.  I called yesterday and the young woman I spoke with said I'd need to send photos so they could figure out what to do.  I sent the photos in less than 5 minutes after I hung up.  No one got back to me.  I called them back again today and the customer "service" (?) guy was pretty much indifferent... "Yeah, that happens."  I let him know I wasn't happy with the situation, since we are getting short on time here (where we have an address), and the fact that no one bothered to get back to me.  Without asking me, he filled out an order for another shield, with overnight shipping... he told me that and said, "I'll e-mail you a prepaid shipping label so you can send the other one back.  How's that?"

It would have been a good solution yesterday, before they felt the need for me to send photos, then didn't bother to do anything about it.  I was pissed because I had to call them back AND wait on hold (while their music played "Hold On, I'm Coming").  I told him to cancel that next order, I would keep the scratched shield and see if I can polish out the scratches - I just don't want to deal with them again.  I didn't ask him for anything off - I just wanted someone there to know that they dropped the ball.  He gave me a "partial refund" (about 30%), then hung up on me.  I think someone should offer training on "How to pretend to care about a customer"... it's obvious that most places just don't care these days, but I think pretending might go a long ways in customer satisfaction.  We've had decent dealings with Revzilla in the past.  I won't bother them with my business in the future.

We order so much stuff online and the majority of the time it all plays out like it should.  That original order from Revzilla was supposed to be "2nd day delivery" - it didn't even get to UPS for 2 days.  I'm sure they'll blame that on "staffing and the supply chain."


No comments: