Saturday, September 10, 2022

Hang on!!

 

Out for a short ride today to test out the Insta360 One X2 camera.  I used some plastic/glass polish on the face shield of my Schuberth helmet (the pinlock insert came loose and scratched up the shield)... it did a decent job, considering how scratched it was.  So, I thought I'd give that stuff a try on the lens on the X2... even though I had read that it might remove some of the lens coating.  Hey, it's already scratched - I tried polishing it out before and it didn't do much; time to move on to the stronger stuff.

As near as I can tell, it did a good job on the lens, as well.  See what you think...

 

OK, if that was a bit too much, here are a few stills...





Granted these are not high res images, but I do start with that before I downsize them to post here.  I couldn't see the blurry spot I was seeing before.

It was a cold day today: 46º when I got up this morning.  When it warmed up a bit, we did some work around the motorhome, then I started on my face shield and lens polishing... had to take the bike out to check it all out.  That's a jacket, with a hoodie underneath - first time this season to ride in the cool.  Only made it to 67º for a high today.  Quite a change from just a couple days ago.

--------

And, an edited video (no "hyperspeed")...


 


No comments: