Saturday, September 17, 2022

It's worth 1,000 words...

 

From my ride on Needles Highway this morning, here are some still photos...




 When we rode this area last, the fall colors were just starting to appear.  It is a long ways from the peak, but you can see some color in these photos.  The fall colors here in the Black Hills aren't like the Midwest or the Northeast - it is mostly Ponderosa Pines and a smattering of aspens.  The aspens go from green, to yellow, to gone... it's a pretty short window of catching the colors at their peak.  And, we will be gone by then.  But, here's what I saw today...













And, some images of the Needles spires...










Wrapped up with a pass by Mt Rushmore on the way back...


Whew!  I didn't realize how many stills I captured; and this isn't all of them.  Another day, I'll work on the video.  I keep expecting each ride at this point to be the last... but, I have hope!  ;-)


No comments: