Sunday, September 11, 2022

Sunday Driver...

 

Well, rider, not driver.  I did a longer ride today, through the northern Black Hills.  The main goal: a ride through Spearfish Canyon.

North on the Interstate to Sturgis, then Boulder Canyon to Deadwood...



 


From there, it was "the high road" by Terry Peak, then down to Cheyenne Crossing, the south entrance to Spearfish Canyon.  There was quite a bit of traffic in the canyon - it is a popular road (and a Scenic Byway).  I did shoot some video that I will work on another day, but here are some stills from that part of the ride...













The riding is good through the canyon, but today it was more about taking in the scenery; I was careful to take these stills when the road wasn't encumbered by those pesky cars.  ;-)

A refreshingly cool day today: in the low 60s when I left this morning, only 63º as I rode by Terry Peak, and low 70s through the canyon.

I did stop for some ice cream in Spearfish, then a quick tour of the town.  We lived there for 21 years; lots of good memories.  Then up Highway 85 back to Deadwood; Boulder Canyon back to Sturgis.  Lollygagged my way back.  Some nice riding!


No comments: