Friday, September 9, 2022

Baby, it's cold outside...

 

If you said, "'Baby, It's Cold Outside' is a popular song written by Frank Loesser in 1944 and popularized in the 1949 film Neptune's Daughter," you get 20 bonus points.  If you said, "A song done by Idina Menzel and Michael Bublé in 2014," you're a whippersnapper and no bonus points.  If you said, "That song is inappropriate today," you probably can't appreciate a bit of playfulness.

That said, this title has nothing to do with the song.  It is in the low 50s outside as we are getting up this morning.  If Rufus wants to go for a walk, I'm guessing Joan will make him wear a sweater.  It's OK, he likes his sweater.  With the high today not getting out of the 50s, I'll be taking a day off the motorcycle.  Unlike Rufus, I am candy-ass.


 (that's a file photo from 2 years ago; here at Hart Ranch)

--------

Rufus and I did get out for a walk this morning.  Joan did insist on a sweater for Ruf - I took some photos while we were out and about...




 For those who think Ruf is pudgy, that shot above pulls his fur in... while I might not call him svelt, pulling that fur in shows his physique.



 And, a few seconds of video from my phone...


 He surprised me while we were out walking - this was one of our longer walks.  The grass was wet from the rain, but it didn't phase him.  Joan didn't insist, but I did put on a jacket and a stocking cap; the north wind had a bit of a bite to it.  And not long after we got back to the motorhome, the drizzly rain started up again.  Good timing.  He and I were both ready for a rest when we got back.  ;-)

 

2 comments:

Earl49 said...

We're enjoying the cooler temps today too - 56° this morning. I wore gloves and a fleece jacket on my morning trike ride today. Lately it has been moisture wicking nylon shorts and shorts, *and* getting out as early as possible while it was still in the 70's. With any luck our long string of triple-digit days is past. Lucy spent most of the night in with me and when she did go out it wasn't for long and right back sleeping across my legs for warmth. It may be time soon to plug in the electric blanket on "her" side so I have the freedom to toss and turn.

Rufus looks manly in his sweater, although he has so much fur it probably isn't necessary.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Earl - Yeah, it was quite a change from all the hot weather. We did plug in our electric blanket last night - I used my side, can't speak for Joan. Had to run a bit of heat this morning. It will only last a day or two, but I think we, too, are beyond the triple digit and upper 90s heat. I did post more photos on an edit in this post... the boy likes his sweater.