Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Are you OK?


I generally post here most days, occasionally taking a Sunday off.  What happened to yesterday's post?  Thanks for asking, and, yes, we are fine.  We had a great day of riding yesterday: temperatures were cool enough (in the 70s) that we could wear our mesh armored jackets, the sun was shining, light wind, and for the most part, not much traffic.

We did our southern Hills riding, taking a different route on some of the same roads.  I took a bunch of 360 video.  I got a second battery for that camera, and wound up shooting about 2 hours total of video.  91 clips, ranging from a few seconds to a couple minutes.  Really, I was trying to keep the clips short so there wouldn't be so much editing, but... did I mention that the riding was really good?

I dived into the videos last night and... before I knew it, it was time for bed.  Yes, Rufus got a walk, because he's such a good boy.  ;-)  But, the footage is hard to edit: oh, that's a fun curve; pass me on the left; the road is banked perfect around that curve.  It was almost as much fun watching as it was riding.  Well, for me.  The video will be fun to look at when we're back home and the riding is flat and straight.

---------------

All that editing... my goal was to get it down to a couple minutes.  Couldn't do it.  Oh, I probably could have done it, but I was enjoying watching the film clips during this process.  With some views of the scenery, a few passing clips, and even going by some mountain goats, I got it to less than 5 minutes.  Even with that, I cut out some curve-carving that makes me smile.  Here's the final result...


No comments: