Thursday, September 17, 2020

Moving Day...

 

Again.  One last move, this time for 9 days, and then we will start the trek home.  A cool start to the day, a smokey haze keeping the sun from warming things up.  Yep, the forest fires further west.  While Florida and Alabama are reeling from the affects of Hurricane Sally.  And, a bunch more storms forming in the Atlantic and one in the Gulf.  I'm keeping an eye on that one in the Gulf (currently Invest 90L, but will have a "W" name if it builds to "name status")... the weasels and models are all over the place on that one.

Rufus will lose his "acres of grass" area behind us when we move, but the last couple days he has been just as interested in walking along the street... may be more of the "Oh, look at the pretty kitty!" comments he gets.  I won't have an easy place to practice flying the new drone.  All the sites at Hart Ranch are essentially the same, but there is a difference in location... there is more activity as you get closer to the central area of the resort, even though the pool and the restaurant are closed for the season.  Here on the perimeter, we have neighbors on either side, but no one behind us and a grassy area in front of us, across the street.  In the new site, we'll have neighbors on either side, a small grassy area behind and then more neighbors there, and neighbors across the street.  Still, it is more space around us than most RV parks.

Thinking about that "9 days."  It seems to be a short time, and I know it will go by fast.  Back when we were young parents, a 9 day vacation would be all we would get for the whole year, and that was counting the weekends on either side of that week off.  Perspective.

--------

Rufus Approved...

We made our big move this morning; about two blocks.  I was concerned that Rufus wouldn't like this site as much... big furry boat is adaptable.

Once we were set up, I took him outside for a walk.  The neighbor across the street was letting his Indian motorcycle warm up (it is fuel injected, so that isn't necessary, but a lot of guys like to hear the sound of their bike... for about 15 minutes).  Rufus generally isn't bothered by the noise.  The guy turned his bike off and said, "That cat is BIG!"

My stock response: "Yeah, he's a big burly boy."

"I mean really BIG!"

"He seems just right to us."  I saw his wife outside with their little foo-foo dog when we first pulled the coach in; I added, "He's a bit bigger than your dog, but he's very friendly."

Rufus looked around and said, "I like this place - the grass is nicer; big trees."  I guess my concern was unfounded.  The site...



Joan took over the Rufus walking duties while I stepped back to take these photos. 


He likes to walk with his "Pops" - Joan went back to get the interior set up while Rufus and I looked around.



The neighborhood is not exactly "packed" - the word the reservationist used when I added some extra time here.  She also said bookings for September and October were ahead of last year.  A few sites from us there is this memorial bench...


Ruf said, "Look - a place where you can sit when you get tired walking with me."  For the record, I don't get tired walking with him... I do get tired when he wants to sit or lay in the grass, leaving me standing.  If we go that way, I will use the bench.

And, a close-up of the furry boy, just because...




No comments: