Friday, September 11, 2020

Work to do...

 

We had stuff to do around the motorhome today, as well as some shopping in Rapid City.  Our run into town included lunch (drive up) and a stop at Harbor Freight.  There was only one thing I needed at HF, but we always seem to find a few other things we didn't know we needed.  I was delighted to get a tire air gauge for 99¢ - it will live in the glove compartment of my Vespa.

We have a digital tire gauge that stays in the CR-V.  It is Joan's favorite.  I don't like it because it is a pain in the ass.  It is supposed to be "ergonomically designed," but it doesn't work well with the clearance on the scoots.  Or, the inner tire on the duallies on the motorhome.

I also did a bit of cleaning on the scoots while Joan was doing laundry... I made an interesting discovery during that process.  "What's that?" you ask.  Hey, I am getting there.  There was a bit of dust on the Vespa, and it really shows on that black.  I took the magnetic flames off to clean it and...

You have to look close, but there is an outline of the flames in light gray dust... subtle, but very cool!  I may have to find someone who can do a light/dark gray flame outline in paint.  The flames were bought as an inexpensive "proof of concept," and I liked the look enough to just leave 'em.  For now.

;-)



No comments: