Friday, September 4, 2020

Cruising...


Out on the Vespa today.  I took the drone along, just in case I might find something to shoot.  Well, I found an area just off Iron Mountain Road... after getting the drone set up and the controller ready to go, I got an "Authorized Use Only" warning... it wouldn't let me start the drone.  I was outside the "No Fly" area around Mt Rushmore, but was apparently close enough that I would have had to get permission to fly.  Not today.  Here's that location...


So, off riding I go.  I had the 360 camera with me, but wasn't planning to use it.  The traffic was unusually light on Iron Mountain Road, so I clipped the camera on...


No fancy switching the view around - this is from the perspective of the rider.

I stopped for a picnic lunch at a Picnic Area just past Mt Rushmore...



I was surprised that there were no other people around.  Until I sat down and was visited by a bunch of small bees.  Nobody was stinging, but they were annoying.  I enjoyed my sandwich anyway.  Another car pulled in, the couple got a cooler out of the trunk and hauled it to the next over picnic site (this place has separate walkways to each picnic table - easy to space out).  They were there a couple minutes, then hauled ass back to their car with their cooler... I'm guessing they weren't fans of the bees.

On the way home, I stopped at another location to try out the drone.  This place had no flight restrictions!  I set up the Mavic Mini and flew around the trees - first time flying this around obstacles...





No comments: