Monday, September 7, 2020

Well, that didn' work...


It was chilly out this morning when I got my e-bike out for my morning ride: 55º... that will be the high for the day.  The sad news: the Vespa tire was flat.  Looks like I'll be ordering a new tire on Tuesday.

Another new experience this morning: I went for the grass when a guy driving a pickup and obviously paying no attention to his driving was completely on my side of the road before he looked up.  I could see from 100 yards away that he was heading right for me and was messing with something on the dash.  Good thing it wasn't a kid who might not know better to take quick evasive action.

A cold dampness in the air this morning.  I wore a stocking cap for the first time this season, and my fingerless riding gloves weren't enough.  From the sounds of it, I will be taking a few days off from my morning bike ride routine.  The weasels are now saying snow is a possibility at the lower elevations tonight... 6+ inches of snow at the higher elevations here.  Fun.  Not.

------

How cold is it?  Thanks for asking.  It is this cold right now...


Joan wouldn't let him go outside without his sweater on.  I got to thinking about it: I don't think this boy has ever seen snow.


No comments: