Monday, September 14, 2020

Finding the time...

 

I did get some riding in yesterday. Most of the day was filled with "projects"... replacing 4 gas struts on cabinets, going over the work I did on the roof of the coach from the hail damage, touching up some paint, resealing the roof seams on the cargo trailer. These old bones don't like working on a ladder. After cleaning up from that, I decided to reward myself with some scooter time. Joan was finishing some work on the cable TV coax by that time and said, "Take my bike - have fun, be safe."

So, I took her bike. No cameras. Just riding for the enjoyment of riding. I had time for about an hour and a half, but the curvy roads start right outside the RV resort. Pushing her bike down Iron Mountain Road really helped work out the kinks from the earlier ladder time. Well, that and some ibuprofen. Her Xmax really is a whole different concept from my Vespa... yet, they both provide a great riding experience.

The traffic was blissfully light. Might have been the timing, since it was getting to be late afternoon on a Sunday. I passed a few bikes going the other way, most in groups of 3 to 5; no other scooters (not unusual). "Birds of a feather," with 3 BMWs, 4 big trikes, a couple Harleys, a bunch of Harleys, then a few more Harleys. The ride of choice is apparent here. The only other solo rider I saw was on some small sporty bike, and he was hauling ass. Still had time for a wave. It was a refreshing ride.

Today, it is back to summer: it will be in the low 90s. Yes, it was just one week ago we had snow here. The next project is another music video Mark and I are working on. I know the editing alone is going to tie up several days, and another day of shooting.

We are down to 12 days until heading for home. I will get in as much riding as this other stuff allows. It will have to hold me for a while.



No comments: