Tuesday, October 5, 2021

It's Rufus's world...

 

And I'm just living in it.

As I got ready for my bicycle ride this morning, Rufus ran to the door with that sweet, expectant look on his face.  Yep, he wants to go outside.  The boy and I do communicate.  So, we put his harness and leash on him, and I took him out.  He walked around a bit, munched a bit of grass, did a tour of the driveway, and was ready to come back inside.  He knows the routine: he get some kind of small treat after going for a walk.  Today, it was a bite of pumpkin in a catfood form.

That taken care of, I went out on my bike.  It was 75º (humidity 81%); cooler than it has been the last week, and it was a pleasant ride.  When I got back from my ride, I was greeted with enthusiastic meows from my furry buddy...


He cracks me up when he puts his head through the railings on the deck; it looks like he is in "stocks" (as in the Pilgrim days), and he calls to me like he hasn't seen me in days.  Our storage area is under that deck, so he is above me when he is calling out.

Joan was out on the deck, and had fruit smoothies ready for us; Rufus gets his morning treat when we do smoothies, and he knows that routine.

Later, when we came inside for breakfast (he has his breakfast when I first get up), Ruf went into my shower while I washed up...


He likes to sit in there while I am in the bathroom.  

The boy makes me smile; he brings joy in all he does.  I wish I had his always positive attitude.  Well, I also wish I could nap like he can.  ;-)

Time to take on the day.


2 comments:

Earl49 said...

Rufus is such a good boy! This level of "staff care" is why our two are so disappointed when we go away for a few days.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Earl. The only time Ruf hasn't had his Pops around is when I've been in the hospital. If we go somewhere, he comes along. But, he really is such a good boy. (take a drink) ;-)

Good that you do have someone to look in on them and feed them when you're gone... certainly not the same as having Mom & Dad there, though.