Saturday, October 16, 2021

To quote the Beatles...

 

"You say it's your birthday... We're gonna have a good time..."

Every year about this time, we celebrate a family birthday.  Not mine; that's July.  Yes, it's the Blonde.  No. I don't know how she gains a year without looking it.

A quiet day around the house for us.  Joan wouldn't let me make her breakfast... something about "wanting it to be edible" or some such.  She made a fresh pizza for lunch.  I'll make steaks tonight.  Cake and ice cream in between.  Snuggling with Rufus.  Years ago, I liked having "a birthday season."  We're a bit more low-key these days.


2 comments:

Bob said...

Congrats Joan, good idea to keep Cap out of the Breakfast Kitchen but I hear he makes a good steak. Bob in Nevada

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Joan says, "Thanks, Bob." We are a good team: she is a great cook, and I am a good eater. Back in our working days, I made my own breakfast all the time... I could whip up an egg sandwich or warm up a PopTart with the best of 'em. ;-)