Saturday, October 9, 2021

Progressive sucks...

 

Apparently, I must have looked like I needed some recurrent training in frustration: Joan had been dealing with cancelling the insurance on the boat, when she handed me the phone and said, "This is Jillian from Progressing about the claim on the car."

Truth be told, Jillian had no idea about the claim # or anything about our situation.  It took a while to get out of her that she is not assigned this claim.  I said, "Why are we talking?  Can you transfer me to someone that IS assigned to our claim?"  She went off on a tangent.  I lost patience.  She interrupted me 4 times.  I lost my temper and handed the phone back to Joan.  Joan had more patience for Jillian, bringing her up to speed.  It took more time than should have been necessary.  By the end of the phone call, nothing was resolved.

Most of the blame should be placed on the dumbass who came out to our site to assess the damage - it was an independent adjuster who was hired by Progressive (for $250) who couldn't find his ass with both hands and a funnel.  He sent photos (taken with a cheap camera), but gave them no estimate on the damage.  So, rather than follow up on the claim, Progressive just let it set... for two months.

In the meantime, we have been driving that beat up CR-V.  We replaced the windshield and have a sunroof glass on order (was supposed to be in two days ago, of course no word from the dealer).  There is no question that the car is totaled; we are just trying to get by with it until we can get some kind of resolution from Progressive.  We have contacted them several times since the hail storm; each time we are told "Someone will get back to you within 48 hours..." but no one does.'

Frustrating.  The Honda is beyond repair.  We are just trying to patch it up to be safe until we can get the claim paid by Progressive, and we'll get another vehicle.  I thought maybe we'd just do whatever buy-back from Progressive, but the paint is cracked in so many places that it is going to be a rust bucket in a matter of months.

Jillian told Joan she would forward the claim to someone at Progressive who can handle it.  We'll see.

 

2 comments:

Bob said...

A friend just got hit on the freeway for the second time in a few months. Totaled his brand new Jeep Rubicon. Not sure I should be out there in the world, kinda dangerous. Not kidding here, as you get older one needs to think about giving up hang gliding, bungee jumping, riding big motorcycles fast, driving vehicles with over 400HP, working the bow of a racing sailboat over 40' long, whitewater kayaking, scuba diving, hitting the black diamonds at Squaw Valley, and a bunch of other things I used to do when I was somebody (before I had to give the phone back to my wife when I try to get something done that involves rules I do not like nor understand). I also think it is time to give up living in a development with a homeowner's association, belonging to just about any group with more than two members, and attempting to teach 16 year-olds how to take my order at a fast food joint and worse yet, watching them not be able to count change. Guess I am an official "OCF" or Old Cranky Fart, just like the ones I made fun of 20 years ago. See ya, take a deep breath, this to shall pass. Bob in Nevada

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

I suppose you could cover yourself in bubble-wrap and stay on the couch... but, what fun would that be?

Yeah, I'm probably a COF (Cranky Old Fart - it rolls off the tongue better) because I expect people to do the job they are being paid to do. I'm just silly that way.

Deep breath, deep breath. Nope; doesn't help.

;-)