Sunday, October 3, 2021

Powerball win!

 

While out on the scoot yesterday, I stopped to get a lottery ticket.  Well, 5 tickets.  Well, one ticket with 5 picks on it.  No, I don't usually play the lottery - I've heard all the same things about it "being a tax on those who are bad at math."  But, the jackpot is big right now, so I figured I'd give it a shot.  While nobody won the big jackpot, I did get the Powerball.  And one other number on that same ticket.  Which pays the same as just the Powerball: $4.  So, I'm only down $6.  Or, as my sweet late Aunt Bessie used to say: "I won $4."  She really was sweet, just not good at math.  ;-)

A bit of good news, though: I heard from Rusty this morning - no water got into our storage unit, and the house that they recently gutted and redid got no water in it.  Pretty sure Progressive has blocked my number, so I'm relieved at this bit of good news.

And the beat goes on.

 

No comments: