Sunday, May 29, 2022

A Parade...

 

After I finished making breakfast on the griddle this morning, I announced to Joan, "Well, that is 5 in a row."

She asked, "Five what?"

"Five meals in a row that I've cooked on the griddle," I proudly said.

There was some discussion along the lines of "How many meals in a row do you think I made in the past 50 years?"

Apparently, "Yeah, but - 5 in a row," was not the right answer.

She asked, "So, what do you want for that?"

"I don't know... a parade, maybe?"

She laughed and said, "Your parade should pass by here shortly after noon."

Any reason for a golf cart parade here on our island.  I don't think most people understand this holiday, where it should be respect and regard for those military men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice.  Somehow, driving by honking, waving, and playing Freebird at full volume on the golf cart stereo isn't my idea of... well, you know.





 And, of course, one Trump flag because some people feel the need to inject politics into everything.  But, we did go out to watch.  I did not, however, yell out "Happy Memorial Day!"  And not a damn one of them hollered out, "Five meals in a row - way to go!"


No comments: