Tuesday, May 10, 2022

One in a row!

 

Warm, breezy, and humid.  The weasels could put it on an endless loop for their weather forecast.  So, I get out early on the bicycle and motorcycle.  That's my (loop) routine.  ;-)  And today - no one tried to take me out.  I didn't see anyone run a red light or stop sign.  If people were on their phones, there was no evidence of stupid behavior.  Just a nice ride.  I did look extra close at that intersection where the close call occurred yesterday... no traffic.  Other than sweating, no issues.

Speaking of sweating, I did get out my lightweight riding pants; first I've used them with this bike.  On the Vespa, behind the leg shield, I didn't feel any airflow on my legs.  On this bike, I can feel the breeze wherever the mesh is on those pants.

Speaking of even more sweating: while I was out riding, Joan put her new weed-eater to use.  I don't think our lawn service has done any edging in months... it took Joan nearly an hour to do 50' of edging; some of that greenery had attached itself to the brick trim along our driveway and sidewalk.  She seemed satisfied with the performance of her new tool and happy with how it looks now.  Of course, it should not have been necessary.

The last time I ran a weed-eater was our last summer in Friday Harbor - I did the trimming by our utilities to keep from getting wet grass stuck to the side of our motorhome.  I don't miss it one bit.

I did the breakfast cooking again today...



Joan still does the prep work - that certainly makes my task easier.  Bacon, eggs, and hashbrowns; a happy belly to take on the day.  :-)

--------

And for supper: chicken with rice, vegetables, and noodles...


Those who know me may be surprised that I'm eating vegetables... if I'm gonna cook 'em, I'm gonna eat 'em.  I am learning to like my own cooking.  I don't get too heavy with the soy sauce, but I do appreciate a dab of butter. 

We are eating out less often; doing our part to keep the economy going by buying more groceries.  :-)

--------

Stay in school - don’t do drugs.

This afternoon, Rufus was chewing on one of his catnip toys… then, he jumped up on my lap, stuck his head in my armpit like I was hiding a chuck of salmon under there, then bit me in the armpit!  Felines be crazy.


No comments: