Monday, May 30, 2022

Music Day...

 

A good day for cocooning here in the Tropical Tip.  I got out early on my e-bike while it was quiet.  Since shortly after 10:00, the local news has shown traffic congestion for traffic on the causeway and through Port Isabel... people are heading home from the island... reported 11mph or stopped.

For me, it was a music day: I recorded 7 background vocal tracks for Mark on a song we've been working on since Joan and I were in Arizona.  For my own project, I had recorded a song with my new Taylor 652ce WHB Builder's Edition 12-string (that's a mouthful).  The guitar is a delight - I have been enjoying the tone, and comfort of this guitar.  No one beats Emerald for ergonomics, but this Taylor Builder's Edition has an arm bevel and a compound cutaway.  And from my perspective, Taylor has my favorite neck profile.  I find most 12-string guitars are "a handful" to play - this Taylor plays as nice as my other 6 strings.

This afternoon, with Joan's help, we shot some video to go along with the audio I had recorded a couple days ago...


I wanted to put some bass, a cajon, and background vocals on this recording, so the reason for using the Spire Studio.  This is Rufus's second favorite song (the song I wrote for him is is favorite) - did you catch the Rufus reference in the video?

:-)


No comments: