Thursday, May 12, 2022

Cooler...

 

Not the box you put ice and snacks in; the weather: it was 75º when I got up this morning.  Humidity was below 80% (well, it was 79%).  Doing what has become my "morning routine," bicycle, walk Rufus, get out on the scoot.

I rode by the Wyland Whaling Wall as usual, but stopped this time to get a photo...


 A guy was unloading stuff to take into the Convention Center and asked, "Would you like me to take a photo of you with your bike?  Nice looking bike.  I could use a break from carrying stuff."

"That would be very nice of you - yes!"  So, proof that I was with the bike...


That Whaling Wall is kind of my happy place.

When I got back home, it was project time: the metal rod and fixtures for making another gear hanging space in the front of the cargo trailer came in last night.  Of course, it always takes longer than you think it should.  We worked together on it.  I figured it would take a couple hours to take down the old rod and then mount the new stuff... working together, we were able to knock it out in only 3 1/2 hours.  And then Joan wanted to clean the inside of the trailer (she calls it "de-junking").  Time for me to stay out of the way.


--------

Joan pointed out a soft spot in the floor of the cargo trailer, right at the V up front.  Yep.  I went to our local building supply place and got some Flex products, paste and seal.  I dug out the soft spot, scraped back a ways; dug down 'till I hit solid wood.  Put on some rubber gloves and went to work filling that void.  When this is cured, I will top it with Flex Seal.

For now, the trailer is done.  Sorta.  We put a lot of stuff that was in the nose of the trailer on the floor into the car.  When that area on the floor is cured, we'll put stuff back.  Fortunately, the rear windows of the Equinox are dark, so it won't look like we are living out of our car.

Joan had the clean up done before I went to work on the floor.  Just like the guys in the circus who follow the elephants with shovels, my job is taking the trash.  Two bags - my little electric scooter has a decent basket in the back that holds one garbage bag.  I have carried flattened boxes on the floorboard of that scoot, but not two garbage bags.  Hey, we have carried two weeks worth of groceries on the PCX scooters - I can handle this...


I may need to pick up a "Wide Load" sign.


No comments: