Monday, May 2, 2022

Small Craft Advisory...

 

We may be boatless, but the wind affects you on a motorcycle, too.  Today, it is a sustained wind of 25 to 30 mph, gusting to 40.  I did get out on my bicycle early, before the wind really kicked up... but by the time I got home, I was looking a bit like the old lady on the bicycle in the Wizard of Oz.  I had considered taking the CTX out when I was done with the bicycle... quick mind-change on that.

Very few people when I was out this morning.  No doubt some of that is just from people staying inside, but I think we have hit that quiet time... usually happens a lot earlier than this and lasts until June, when the summer crowds come rolling in.  It's a different world these days; I'm thinking the summer crowd will show up earlier and not be just a weekend thing.

Mark and I worked on a scratch right before we left Arizona.  This was the first chance I've had since we got home to work on it.  I added a drum track and re-recorded an acoustic guitar and cajon track.  While the cajon is fun when playing with other guitar players, I don't think it added much compared to a full drum set.  This looks to be a "work in process"... and I'm thinking it may be a long process.  It's a fun song Mark wrote, but he has a full schedule, playing with other musicians there.  I would say I just play by myself, but someone is sure to take that wrong.

So, really, how windy is it there?  Thanks for asking.  Rufus wanted to go outside; Joan said, "He isn't going to stay out there for more than a few seconds, so don't bother putting his harness on."  He didn't even get his whole body out the door... I held the door open for him, he stuck his head out, felt the wind, and said, "Oh, hell no!"  I don't blame him.

Joan went to the store when I was in the middle of recording.  She said the parking lot was mostly empty and when she got out of the car, there was an empty shopping cart being pushed by the wind, heading right for the Equinox... yes, she got to it before it hit.  We generally park near a cart corral, because most people down here won't make any effort to get a cart even close to the corral.  It's more of a problem on windy days like this.

In the words of The Association: "Everyone knows it's Windy."  (1967)  No bonus points.

 

 

 

No comments: