Friday, May 13, 2022

Friday the 13th...

 

In the words of the philosopher Dirty Harry: "So, do you feel lucky, punk?"

I considered not leaving the house all day and keeping myself wrapped in bubble wrap.  Nah, I'm kidding; I'm not superstitious... well, except for: green motorcycles are unlucky, 'cause that's a real thing.  ;-)

It's a lovely day in the Tropical Tip, so I did my usual morning routine and got out there to enjoy the day.  Of course, it's still early, so things could go into the crapper.

Enjoy your day!

--------

A Blast From The Past...

I was going through some old photo files today, and came across this...


 I think it is from 1983 or 84.  On the right is Joan's Honda Goldwing Aspencade, on the left is my Harley FXRT.  That Harley was HD's first shot at a sport touring bike.  I liked that bike - it was "lightweight" (for a Harley, and compared to the full-dress touring bikes I had) and had an aerodynamic fairing... since getting the CTX, I have commented that the styling reminds me a bit of that FXRT.  Well, a much more modern take on it.

And this one from a few years before the photo above...


Me on my first Sportster.  It shook like a paint-mixer, but I was hooked on the torque - it felt like you could pull out tree stumps with it.  I must have been a lot tougher back then, as we traveled a bunch on those bikes; Joan had a Yamaha Midnight Maxim at that time, that you may remember from this photo...


Ah, the memories.


No comments: