Monday, September 2, 2019

Feels like...


Another gray, humid morning with fog to start the day here in the Black Hills.  67º when I went for my morning walk.  I'm guessing it will burn off because the local weather weasels are calling for a high today of 92º.

We went out for breakfast this morning; stopped at the grocery store and back to the motorhome before 10:00.  I am guessing there will be a significant exodus from Hart Ranch by the end of the day.  The resort has been very busy/full this weekend, with the overflow area (Meadowlands) mostly full, as well.  For a lot of folks, it will be their last RV hurrah for the season.

We had our awning sun screen out when we left this morning, because it was still and forecast was for winds in the single digits.  When we got back, the wind had kicked up to about 12 or 13 mph, but no issue for the sun screen.  When the gusts began to build from there, Joan unzipped the sun screen from the awning and pressed the button to roll the awning up.  Timing - the gray sky is opening up to blue and plenty of sunshine.

When I check weather, the Weather Channel comes up on our home area.  I do like to look at that each day to see how things are at home.  When I just looked, it was 84º with a "feels like" temperature of 94º.  79% humidity.  You would notice that.

Here in the Black Hills, it is 74º, 86% humidity, and a "feels like" temperature of... 74º.  Yes, even though the relative humidity is higher right now, there is no difference in the "feels like" temp.  Unlike at home.

I think this may be a "hang around the coach" day.  I'm guessing there will be plenty of people out and about, trying to get some of that last bit of summer in on the end of the holiday weekend.

To me, it "feels like" summer is wrapping up.


No comments: