Thursday, September 26, 2019

I'm melting...


If you said, "The Wicked Witch of the West, Wizard of Oz, 1939," you get 25 bonus points.  If you said, "Jim in Texas Hill Country, right now," you get no bonus points, but you are right on the money.

Joan wanted to walk through Wildseed Farms, a place that sells all manor of good, but specializes in plants, planters, and this time of year: gourds.  Always a bunch of photo ops there...


And, of course, the obligatory selfie...

 
Back into town - a walk about and lunch at Burger Burger.  Yes, they have burgers.  Almost as good as Black Hills Burger & Bun Co, but no cheese curds.  Good chili on their burgers, though; and a heap of french fries to go with it.

We went back to one store that had shoes that actually fit my fat feet.  Designed in Hawaii (and there are a lot of fat-footed folks there).  I picked up a pair, and we'll see how they do.  I don't think they will replace my SAS shoes, but these should be good for driving.

There is a plan coming together for tomorrow: AF1 Racing made us a very attractive deal on a scoot Joan tried yesterday.  We will be making another run into Austin tomorrow, and we'll see how it all plays out.  In anticipation of some shifting of things in the cargo trailer, I took the scoots out and repositioned chocks.  If I measured correctly, the Vespa should just fit on the other side, if I take the topbox off.

While I worked on the trailer, in the steaming heat, Joan did laundry.  In the air conditioning.  But, hey, don't worry about me... except for that puddle of sweat in the trailer, I'm fine.  Really.  Without Joan to look while I close the ramp door of the cargo trailer, I had to depend on the aforementioned measuring.  Close...

 
That's the rack on the back of the Vespa on the left; the closed ramp door on the right.  There is at least 1/16th of an inch to spare.  Yeah, that's close.  I don't want to be forced into getting a bigger trailer.

On the bright side: I am in air conditioned comfort in the coach while I write this... and before going back out into the heat.  The local weather weasel just said, "Besides the heat, the humidity will be oppressive this weekend."  I hope he is as wrong as most of the others.

 

No comments: