Friday, September 6, 2019

Rufus being social...


No, he does not have a Facebook account.  No Instagram.  The only tweet he cares about would be coming from any nearby bird.

He and I were on our evening outing; he generally doesn't walk far, but he enjoys being outside.  A lady with a large Golden walked nearby on the street (we were on the grass) and said, "I have two cats - I tried to get them to walk on a leash, but they won't do it."

I said, "This boy does good, but we move at his pace, which means we don't cover a lot of ground."

She asked, "Is he OK around dogs?"

"Yeah, he seems to be fine, as long as they aren't aggressive."

She said, "This one isn't - we have two cats, too - he likes cats."

We let them get nose-to-nose... everybody seemed quite happy with that.  Then, Rufus tucked up against the dog's chest and gave him a rub.  They both liked that.  I visited with the lady a while, mostly about cats and leashes.  Her Golden came over to me for some rubs... Rufus wasn't sure about that, but he didn't make a big fuss.

A good experience.  And maybe because the lady was watching, Rufus walked back towards our motorhome like a champ.

;-)

No, I didn't have a camera or a phone with me.


No comments: