Thursday, August 5, 2021

Memories...

 

Some surfing this evening.  I have to say that I kinda like the Facebook Memories.  On this day over the past 8 years...

Some scooter riding - no big surprise there.  A day trip to the US Naval Academy at Annapolis and touring the monuments in Washington D.C. after dark.  Various whale watch trips - one to Boundary Pass, another evening trip with a charter for a family from Chicago where we went to the Strait of Georgia in Canada to see all of J-Pod and some transient Orcas.  A couple memories with our sweet little Izzy.  Taking a family out on the water for an ashes scattering ceremony... a photo with flower petals on the water brought back the emotions.  Mail delayed because of the Washington State Ferry breakdown (a slice of island life).  First meeting my friend Steve Roberts, and finding out all we have in common; enjoying an adult beverage in Wild Blue's cockpit.  A discussion of "Fogust": the frequent foggy conditions in August in the San Juan Islands.

A wide range of emotions.  Yes, there are photos to go with all those memories; each one sparks deeper memories.  It makes me appreciate the life Joan and I have built... some of those moments are personal, some we've shared with others.  This blog has been a journal of sorts - from time to time I do look back on some things, but Facebook consolidates it into a collection of "on this day" looks back.  I've come to appreciate that.


3 comments:

Jeff Collingwood said...

We use Facebook as our journal. We use Photobooks to have the year printed into a hardback book at the end of the year. The cost isn't too bad, depending on how many posts and pictures I had. Around $30-$80.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Jeff - Good to hear from you. I do something similar with the blog, but make them as a PDF file... to print a year's worth of posts would take 3 books and cost on the far side of $700... too wordy and photos galore, I guess. ;-)

Bob said...

Hey Cap - you could have an online party with a slide/video show, Rufus can do his Rufus thing for us by 1/2 killing a Doberman, and we can all drink an adult beverage! This is my RSVP!!!
Bob Jarrard