Sunday, August 29, 2021

Throttle Therapy...

 

With all the crap that has gone down since Thursday, the urgent covering, then the more solid patching when the rain threat moved on, dealing with insurance people, windshield replacement people, not much sleep, and the mental stress... we were in need of a pleasant distraction.

I couldn't agree fast enough when Joan said, "I think we could use some scooter time today."  It's a sunny day, but wind gusting above 25mph.  I suggested a route that would keep us mostly off highways and open areas.


Of course, Iron Mountain Road was in the mix.  Traffic was very light, so the riding was especially great.  As we left Hart Ranch, less than 5 miles away, there was no evidence of hail damage... timing and placement.

A few other two-wheel enthusiasts, most waved back.  A couple slow drivers who were kind enough to pull off and let us get around.  A couple deer that were way closer to the road than I wanted to see.  Joan actually tempted fate when she said, "This scoot (her Yamaha) is the only vehicle we have that hasn't had a claim this trip."  I have been thinking that, but I would not have said it out loud.  ;-)


No comments: