Thursday, June 9, 2022

I'm sitting on top of the world...

 

If you said, "Written by Ray Henderson (music) and lyrics by Sam M. Lewis and Joe Young, published in 1925, made popular by Al Jolson, also done by Les Paul (yes, that Les Paul) and Mary Ford in 1953, and Dean Martin in 1973," you get a bazillion bonus points.  If you had to look it up on Google, you get minus 12 bonus points.  Thanks for playing.  On, and if you want to play that song, it is in the public domain.

I took both bikes out for a run this morning; the CTX because it's what I do.  The Xmax, because it has been sitting for a while and I like to exercise it.  It was hot, humid (sun glasses fogged over the moment I stepped outside), sunny, but not windy.  One in a row.

This description will likely piss off some riders, but with the floorboards and the Corbin seat, it reminds me of one of the Harley dressers I had in the 90s - you sit in the bike.  The Xmax has a more sporting seating position, but still very scooter-like.  The seat is about 3 inches taller than the CTX, but you definitely feel like you are "sitting tall in the saddle," more on the bike than in it.  Still comfortable (Yamaha did a great job with the seat on this bike), but you notice the height difference.

When I took the Xmax across the causeway, I was enjoying the views, the pep of the bike, checking out the wind flow over the windshield... then looked down and I was going 65 mph.  This scoot gets right with the program.




No comments: