Thursday, June 23, 2022

Trapped...

 

Like a rat.  No cheese.

I hate inconsiderate people.  Hate is a strong word that I don't use very often.  It is appropriate at times, and this is one of those times.  We pulled into a Pilot gas station, and they only had one row of pumps, with 3 pumps on either side.  I pulled to the side where our fuel filler is and... the light blue Jeep at the pump in front of me had the fuel nozzle in the car, no one around.

I waited.  After 20 minutes, I went inside and asked the person at the cash register if they could make an announcement to have the person with the light blue Jeep to please move it so other people could use the fuel pumps.  I had someone pull up behind me right away - I couldn't back out.  There wasn't room to get around to the side.  I was caught.

When the fat f**k who belonged to the Jeep finally came out, he had 3 full bags of stuff that he casually tossed into his car.  Yep - he put the Jeep at the pump and went inside to do his shopping, preventing anyone from getting at the 3 pumps on that side.  I would say he was stupid, but I think he just wanted to be as close to the door of the gas station as possible, with no regard for anyone else.  Then, he slowly ambled to the side of the Jeep with the fuel nozzle in... and started pumping gas.

A week or so ago, I saw a meme on Facebook that said, "Never in the history of calming down has it worked to say, 'You need to calm down,' to a woman."  I thought that was funny at the time.  True, and funny.  I am here to tell you that it also applies to men.

Yes, I was pissed at the inconsiderate guy, and having no way to just drive away.  It did not help to be told, "Just take a breath - we aren't on a time crunch."  Very true.  I just didn't need to be told to calm down.  If anything, being told to calm down in a situation like this has the opposite effect.

When he finished pumping, the guy sneered back my way, shrugged his shoulders and said something.  I couldn't hear what he said, so I opened my door and asked, "Are you ever going to move?"

He said, "There was a long line in there."

"Bullshit - just give the rest of us a chance to pump some gas and move on!"

He slowly moved his fat f**k self into the driver's seat, fussed with nothing particular for a while, then very slowly drove away.  When I was able to pull forward and go outside to finally pump gas, there was a woman with a pickup truck on the other side of the pump.  She said, "That guy is an asshole - I was two cars behind you and was able to back out and come around to this other side.  You were caught there."

Yep.  We will take the Pilot at Exit 300 in Nebraska off our list.  Even in the best of circumstances, it would be very crowded getting the motorhome in there (not the case with most Pilots).  This was the first time we have stopped there; also the last.

On the bright side, it was a relatively easy drive today, and we were down by 2:00.

For those playing "Road Bingo," I saw something today I haven't seen before: a semi went by me and in the passenger window was... a monkey.  Yes, a real live monkey.  All I could think: what must the cab of that truck smell like?  Next thought: so this is how that monkey-pox is spreading??

It was raining when we left this morning...


I thought that might help keep the heat down, as it was 75º while it was raining.  Wasn't long before the sun came out, the temperature went up, and it was humid...


Blue sky.  A 15mph crosswind... but, it wasn't a headwind.  8.98mpg.  So close to that magic 9.0 number.  One day to go.  I am more than ready for a motorcycle ride!  :-)


No comments: