Friday, June 3, 2022

When I was young...

 

Yes, it was a long time ago.  I was told,  "You know you are competent at a task when you can do it while wearing boxing gloves."

I didn't say it was good advice.

A few days ago, I got some new motorcycle gloves.  From Amazon.  No chance to try them on before buying, but Joan has the women's version, so I had some idea of what to expect.  To be fair: Joan can go into any store and find jeans, shoes, or gloves that fit.  I don't have that same experience.  Apparently I have neanderthal hands and feet.

Today, I am "sizing" these gloves.  They are tight through the palm and thumbs.  Soaked them in warm water, then put on rubber gloves, then put the motorcycle gloves over the rubber gloves.  I dried them as much as possible with a towel, then went on with my day.  It is a giant pain in the ass to do anything except ride a motorcycle with these gloves on.  Yes, you are supposed to leave them on 'till they dry with this process.  In fact, I am typing this with the gloves on.  Slowly.  They have touch screen capacitive pads on the index finger tip and thumb.  You can run your phone without taking the gloves off.


 I made breakfast on the griddle while wearing them.  Ate breakfast while wearing them.  Really, you are supposed to leave them on until they dry.  In our humidity, even in air conditioned comfort, this may take a long time.  If I feel a stomach twinge come on, these gloves are coming off, dry or not!

TMI?

--------

After taking the gloves off, I had the fingers "pre-curved" so they will fit the handlebar grips.  Then, to stretch the wrist portion out a bit, Joan recommended pulled them over a plastic bottle...


I think they're going to be good.


No comments: