Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Iron Mountain Road - The Video!

 

Here is the grand unveiling of the video I shot this morning -  this one is different from most of what I shoot in that it was all done in one take.  No cuts, no edits.  The situation was unusual in that I was able to ride Iron Mountain Road from the intersection with Playhouse Road to the north end of IMR with no traffic.  Oh, there were a couple cars and a bike that were going the other direction, and I did have to wait a few seconds for a car to clear one of the tunnels... but, no traffic in front of me slowing me down.

What a treat!

Once back home, I downloaded the video (took almost as long as the ride) to the iPad Pro to insert all the keyframes (that tell the camera where to look).  Transfer to the MacBook Pro to use iMovie to add the titles, add music from a royalty-free source (no copyright issues that way), then a voice over.  The longest part of the whole process is uploading the finished project to YouTube.

If you are a rider, you will appreciate the perspective.  If you are a non-rider, this video will give you some idea of what it looks like when riding a great road like this.  The Honda CTX700 DCT is a fun bike for this kind of riding.  It is surprisingly nimble for its size and carries its weight down low.  The Dual Clutch Transmission allows you to be in the right gear at the right time without having to work a clutch or shift lever... if you want a bit more engine braking, use your left thumb to downshift; use your index finger to upshift.  All the control of a manual transmission, with faster shifts.  Sport Mode on the transmission is a real treat in this kind of riding.

Without further ado, here is my latest Iron Mountain Road video...


Thanks for riding along!


2 comments:

Earl49 said...

That was awesome! I always enjoy the riding videos, and appreciate the post-production work you put into them. Thanks. It almost makes me want to take up riding again.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Thanks for the kind words, Earl. These go into my files for those days when I can't be riding.