Sunday, February 26, 2023

Bombas...

 

If you said, "Richie Valens, 1958," you are good at music trivia, but get no points... talking about socks.  Because I am all about the socks, drugs (blood pressure), and rock 'n roll.

Bombas is a socks company (they also sell slippers, t-shirts, and underwear).  They are one of those companies that provides a pair of socks for the homeless for every pair you buy.  Steph got me a pair last year, because she found a style they sell that have right and left foot socks.  Yeah, my tender feet appreciate socks that don't bunch up around my wide toes.

When Dan met the NFL Hall of Fame guys and did a reception with community leaders, they were giving out "swag bags"... he brought one for me, which included (among other things) a nice compact flashlight and a pair of Bombas.  They are the calf socks, which isn't what I generally wear, but they did feet my feet comfortably.  Today, Joan and I shopped online to find the same socks, but in a "quarter length" (just above the ankles)... who knew there were so many styles to pick from?? 

With each of us on our devices, we set about to find the style of these most recent Bombas so I could order the same thing, but in a shorter height.  Good luck figuring out what I have, because of the huge variety of socks they sell... "Well, this one looks kinda like the ones I'm wearing,"... "No, those have a stripe at the top and they don't feel like they have any wool content,"... "How about this one?"

It would have been less complicated to order a new car online.  Joan thought she had it narrowed down to a couple styles that this might be.  In the end, we ordered 3 styles, with the hope that they fit nicely, and then I can order a multi-pack.  It was a lot of work to buy some socks... they have "performance" socks... socks made for golfing... or running... or hiking... socks made with wool, cotton, polyester, nylon, spandex, etc, etc... and different percentages of those fabrics... socks to keep your feet warm... or, cool... cushioned bottoms.  Whew!  Ordering something for my feet made my head hurt.



No comments: