Friday, February 17, 2023

Start the day with a smile...

 

I am almost always up before Joan.  Especially in the motorhome; I have my "morning routine" to get done, then I will sit down and be out of her way.

This morning when she got up, Joan said to me, "I woke up this morning with a headache."

I couldn't control myself - I said, "Oh yeah?  I woke up this morning with a pain in the ass."

And that's when the fight started.

Kidding, of course; we both had a good laugh.  I'm hoping it lessened her headache.  It's nice to start the day with a good belly laugh.

--------

Zap!

A couple days ago, Pat Anderson (a C-Dory friend) posted that he was using a TENS device on his knee replacement to help with the pain.  I've wondered about those, so thought I'd give one a try.  The price was surprisingly reasonable on the unit he uses; Amazon is "a day away" here in the big city (well, on the far west edge of the big city).  It arrived today, just before we went out for a late lunch with Steph and Dan.  (They have today off work.)

After lunch (The Spaghetti Factory) in downtown Phoenix, we went back to their place while Steph and Joan planned the rest of the weekend get-togethers.  Side roads to get back to Buckeye (the Interstate was "red" on the Maps program), took Ruf for a short walk, fed him supper, then I got to try out the TENS unit.

A light buzz with the electrode pads stuck to my lower back.  Not unpleasant.  Instructions indicated a lite setting for about 30 minutes to start.  My back wasn't hurting much before starting this, but feels fine (no pain) when done.  Probably too early to get a real feel for it, but first reaction is positive.

For full disclosure, my lower back hurts when I've been on my feet all day or doing a bunch of lifting, so this isn't a real pain situation.  But, I'm willing to try this instead of ibuprofen.



No comments: