Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Making Music...

 

I went to Mark's today to play some music with him and 3 of his friends... which makes them my friends, too.  They do this a couple times a month, so it was a treat for me to be able to sit in with them.  Our musical tastes are similar, so it is easy enough to take turns picking a song and getting everyone familiar with it.  I was having fun, so I didn't get any photos.

I took my CTX to Mark's place, making for a brisk ride this morning - it was still in the 50s when I got there.  With that temp, I put on a pair of flannel lined jeans that I haven't worn in a couple years; the were a little big on me (guess I've lost weight since I last wore them).  The style of the jeans has a fuller leg... so I got to experience the legs flapping in the breeze on the way there and back.  This is the first time in a couple years that I didn't wear motorcycle pants with armor in the knees and hip... yes, I felt a bit "unprotected."  Not to mention that I was mixing it up with traffic on I-10, Loop 101, and Loop 303... where 70+ mph is where traffic is flowing.  It was a bit unnerving at first, since it has been a while since I've ridden that speed in busy traffic; but, I did settle into the flow.  The CTX does a great job... I was able to twist the throttle and pull away from the two tailgaters (not the party kind) along the way.  Lots of traffic here in the big city. 

One other bit of music gear info: one of the mixers sold on Reverb, and Mark and I were able to get it wrapped and ready to ship tomorrow morning.  One item down, 4 to go.  There was an offer on the Taylor 522, but it was a bit shy of what we were hoping for - the guy said, "I'll think about it."  He low-balled an offer, Mark declined that and gave him another price.  Mark enjoys this give and take - I am not a fan.  When I got home, a guy who had made an offer on the mixer that sold was willing to take it for the listed price... but, it was already sold.  Or, as Mark said, "You snooze, you lose."

It was chilly and I was staring right into the sun on the way home, heading west.  That aside, it was a good ride.


No comments: