Monday, February 20, 2023

Making music...

 

Again.  I rode the CTX to Mark's place - I leave a guitar there so I don't have to haul one on my bike ... well, he has plenty of guitars, so he would have one, or a half dozen, for me to play. ;-)  We'll be getting together again with his group of friends on Wednesday, so it was nice for him and me (I think that is proper grammar) to work on some songs on the proposed list for the group.

Mostly, though, we had some fun: playing, reminiscing, playing, going off on a tangent for other songs, playing, more of that "Hey, do you remember when...?", and more playing.

A fun way to spend the afternoon, with a motorcycle ride at either end.  In a no-traffic situation (rare, 'cause this is the big city), it is about a 45 minute drive to go the 40 miles (+/-, depends on the route).  I use Apple Maps while on the bike to see where the traffic slow-downs are along my route... then, change the route as necessary.  A good riding day today: no one tried to kill me, but pulling out in front of me or changing lanes without looking.  It is freeway driving almost all the way there; not the most fun riding (I'd rather be out in the twisties), but it is riding, and it leaves the car home for Joan.  The weather is supposed to be crap here again by tomorrow night, so I won't be taking the bike on Wednesday.

Back home, I spent some time clearing stuff off my iPad Pro.  I got a new iPad yesterday (Presidents' Day Sale), but I haven't even opened the box.  I need to have both iPads on the same wifi, and my phone as a hotspot will only support one device, so I'll have to do the transfer at Steph and Dan's place sometime.  Maybe tomorrow.  I'm anxious to get it set up.  My current iPad was getting long in the tooth... looking up the serial number, I bought it in 2015.  In "iPad years," (like dog years) it is older than I am.  ;-)



No comments: