Friday, February 3, 2023

Get yer motor runnin'...

 

Joan was up and out early to go to the grocery store.  In the day that we've been here, road construction blossomed on the street right in front of the entrance to this RV park.  You can only make a right turn out of here now, and the street we need to get to in order to get anywhere is to the left.  It adds a bit more time and miles to get to the store... unless you U-turn just past the construction.

When Joan got back, she made us breakfast.  I have been anxious to do some griddling, but it has been too cold in the mornings; hopefully, that changes soon.

Later, a discussion of going out for a ride... Joan was a bit wore out from the drive and getting set up, so she sent me off solo.  I didn't have a destination in mind, just wanting to ride.  I cruised by Steph and Dan's house, to get an idea of how long it takes to get there: close to a half hour as opposed to the 5 or 6 minutes it would take from that RV park that is closer to them.  I did ride through that park, out of curiosity... last summer, they told us they were already full for February and March this year... Yeah, I wanted to see for myself.  They are pretty occupied, but without going through the whole park, I came across at least 15 empty sites.  But, once again they decided you can't have a cargo trailer there, so even if they had something available, we would have passed.

I rode through some of our favorite roads in this part of town, through the Pebble Creek area, west on Indian School, and through Verrado.  It was a nice ride - the afternoon temperature was 70 to 72º, mostly cloudy, and a light breeze.  A good temperature to be able to wear a jacket.  It just felt good to be riding.

We're going to get together with Steph and Dan for "Burger Friday" at their place, with me as the guest chef.  Plus, it will be the first that we've been able to see the grand-kitties.


No comments: