Saturday, April 13, 2024

Be it ever so humble...

 

If you said, "There's no place like home," click your heels together 3 times, Dorothy - you get 10 bonus points.

We stayed around the home front today.  No scooter or motorcycle content.  It was a nice morning out on the patio - Joan and Steph visited while sitting on the couch, I spent some time in the hot tub.  Then, griddle time for me: I made bagel breakfast sandwiches; Joan did all the prep work.  Breakfast under one of the patio umbrellas.  Murphy got some catio time and a couple unleashed walks... the boy likes his yard.

By mid-afternoon, I saw a news alert on my computer: Iran has launched over 100 drones and an unknown number of ballistic missiles at Israel.  I pulled up CNN on Hulu Live to see what was going on... US and Israeli air defense were able to take out most of the incoming barrage.  Flashbacks to the CNN coverage of the start of Desert Storm.  I'll keep my Middle East opinions to myself.

Cheesesteak sandwiches on the griddle for supper.  Joan made onion rings in the Ninja convection oven inside.  There was no need to go anywhere today.  Yeah, a whole day without getting on a bike... I'll be fine.  Really.

Into the low 90s here today, lots of sunshine.  But, it's a dry heat.  ;-)


2 comments:

Earl49 said...

It got to 80° here yesterday and will be 71° today. I put my lawn tractor on the battery charger because I’m gonna have to break down and mow, probably today. My adult supervision returns tomorrow afternoon as Alice gets back from her flute conference in DC. Meanwhile, me and the kitties are doing fine, and I’ve had some good guitar playing time on the back porch swing. Duke stays on his outdoor cat tree until I’m done playing and then jumps up on the swing with me. He’s a music critic…

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Earl - "Music critique"...LOL Perhaps you should learn some songs from the musical Cats? Murph is OK with the guitar playing and singing, but he doesn't come running when I get a guitar down, like Izzy and Rufus used to. Maybe it is a learned response?

Nice that he jumps up on the swing with you at any time!