Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Together Again, Again...

 

We spent some time on the patio this morning...


 We are really appreciating the shade from the patio umbrellas; the big one covers a good area, the smaller one is on wheels, so we can move it around as the sun moves.  Murphy got in a couple walks, I made breakfast on the griddle, and we enjoyed that breakfast at that gray and white table and chairs set.

Then, my favorite part of the day: it is an absolutely gorgeous day here in the desert and my Honey wanted to take the scoots out for a ride.  "Let's go!"  Joan gearing up in the driveway...


I was more than anxious to get out for a good ride where I could put the Burgman 200 through some "sporty" riding, and see how it is with the new seat.  And the backrest.  Spoiler Alert: it is great!

Joan hasn't been out on her scoot in a while, and as we started up the mountain roads, she said, "You go on ahead and ride it the way you want - I'll be looking at the scenery and getting a feel for the bike again."  No, I didn't go blasting ahead of her... well, I did push it through some of the really fun curves.  But, if we get out of "line of sight," our helmet communicators get a little crackly... and it is easy to get out of sight of each other through some of those tight curves.  But, so much fun!

When we got to the top of the mountain, we stopped to enjoy the view and give me the chance to get a few photos (I didn't take any 360 cameras along today).  Joan with the scoots...



And a nice view of the Gila River Valley behind her.  A couple photos she took of me...



I know what you're thinking: "Damn, Jim, that is a good looking seat on your scoot!"  I have to agree with you.  Even better: with less than 100 miles on it, it is WAY better than the stock seat; and the backrest does add to the comfort on the road...



 

We stopped at another overlook and got off the scoots...



Proof that we were out together today...


From the mountain, we rode around town a bit, stopped for a late lunch, then made our way home.  Before getting home, I got a call from the guy at Team Arizona Motorcycle Training where I am scheduled to take a weekend class on the Can-Am reverse trike.  I thought it was just another reminder (I've been getting texts from them most days this past week)... nope - the class has been cancelled.  Seems that the City of Peoria has shut down the parking lot at the stadium there for construction - and that's where they hold the riding portion of the training.

That sucks.  He said, "There are some options..."  I told him I'd call him back when we got home.

There is a longer story to it, but to cut to the chase (OMG, Jim, you never cut to the chase): the same class is being offered in another part of town, they have an opening, but it is 3 afternoon/evenings instead of 2 full days.  After some discussion, and encouragement from Joan to "Just do it!" (that would make a great slogan, but I digress), I am signed up for that class this weekend.

But, did I mention how good the new seat is?  :-)

 


No comments: