Monday, April 22, 2024

Only The Beginning...

 

If you said, "From the song by Chicago Transit Authority (later: Chicago), Beginning, 1969," you get 15 bonus points.

It got to 100º yesterday, will top that, since it is 100º at 2:30.  Yep, just the beginning of the summer heat.

I did get out for a ride this morning, before the heat really kicked in... didn't even need the cooling vest.  It is not a race or a timed event, but doing my "run" up the mountain, it generally takes me between and hour and 15 minutes to sometimes longer than an hour and a half.  This morning was a new world record: one hour and 5 minutes.  By leaving at 9:00, I missed all the school and work commuter traffic; didn't get stopped at any of the stoplights, and no traffic in front of me anywhere on the mountain.

And, yes, I did stop at the top parking lot to get a couple photos and re-hydrate.  Out on the Burgman today...

I have come to appreciate that backrest.  The seat is still comfortable without it, but it adds one more "support point" when I'm riding in a sporting manner.  ;-)  A "selfie" from the phone on the handlebars...


Wearing the new jacket, no cooling vest under it.  The white definitely makes a difference.  With the higher temperatures and no rain in a while, the desert landscape is changing - from green to brown...

Oh, there are still green plants out there, but the ground cover is rapidly changing.  Still, the ride is fun, and I am appreciating the views and the fun road.

Back home and breakfast on the griddle.  By the time we were done eating and I had the griddle cleaned, it was time to retreat indoors to the air conditioning.  It's a dry heat... 100º, but it only feels like 99º.  ;-)

--------

Happy Earth Day!  Let's take care of this planet of ours - it's the only one we have.  It does make me wonder: Do the other planets have their own celebration day?  Or, are we Earthlings just being egocentric, like us holding the Miss Universe Pageant? 



No comments: