Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Selling my seat...

 

The new Corbin?  The one that makes your Burgman scoot so comfortable??  Not, just no, but absolutely not.  That seat is perfect for that bike.

I have posted some videos about the Burgman on YouTube.  I also posted a video there about the Corbin seat.  One viewer asked me if I'd be interested in selling the stock seat... really, I hadn't thought about it.  It is big and is taking up space in the overhead storage in our garage, but I figured I'd just hang onto it, in case there comes a time when I want to sell or trade the Burgman (yes, I am over saying, "This will be my last bike... blah, blah"), I can put the stock seat back on it.  For absolute certain, I won't use that stock seat again as long as I own the bike.

I thought about it, and responded with a price... low enough to make it attractive, but not giving it away.  The guy said he wanted the seat and he lives just north of Phoenix.

I gave him a call last night - it was a pleasant conversation, we have decades of riding in common.  He recently bought a Burgman 200, but I think he keeps the scoot outside.  If that's the case, the seat will be the first thing that Mother Nature chews up and spits out.

The Burgman (and a Harley) are his conveyances - no car.  I offered to bring the seat to him when we are in north Phoenix for anything (rather than make a special trip)... and told him I won't be offering the seat to anyone else, so I consider it his, and we'll just work out the details on my getting it his direction.

He thanked me and told me he lives in Shangra La Ranch, a resort in New River.  And then told me he could get me a couple passes to use the resort.  I thanked him for the offer, but declined, not thinking much of it.  Later in the conversation, he told me, "Shangra La is a nudist resort, if you aren't familiar with it."

"No, can't say that I was aware of that.  I'm no prude, but I can tell you that you don't want to be putting your naked ass on this black vinyl seat if the bike has been sitting in the Arizona sun!"  He laughed and suggested I pull up the resort on the internet, just in case I want to check it out.

So much for "all the gear, all the time."  ;-)


No comments: