Tuesday, April 30, 2024

How's Murphy?

 

Thanks for asking.  He's fine.  As you'd expect from most kittens, there is the split-personality of zooming about for no particular reason, followed by down time.  Curiosity about everything.  He has found his voice, although I don't always know what he's talking about.  Tango still comes over to visit and those two seem to enjoy playing together... although we do have to intervene if/when they get overly rough.

Early last night while walking around the yard, I got this photo...


 "I don't think that's a real cat."  Very astute - that is one of the many yard ornaments.  And looking through the patio door...


"I know you're in there!"  He was outside with Joan, when he saw me getting ready to go out and join them.

He hasn't become a lap cat, yet, but he likes to be where we are.  He has advanced from sitting beside Joan to curling up while leaning against her.  No head-butts on his own yet, but he lets me get close to him now with my big ol' head.

Growing and learning.

--------

Geezers Making Music...

I mention here from time to time about getting together with my music buddies.  This is what that looks like...

That's Ron on the left, yours truly in the middle, Mark on the right.  And below, that's Danny on the left in The Beatles shirt, Gil in the middle, and new guy Carl (his first time playing with us) on the right.

That's in Mark's living room.  We have been a "garage band" at Mark's house the last few months, but it is now getting too hot for that (mid-90s today).  It's a laid-back get-together: one of us will propose a song, we work it up, and give it a go.  I brought a small set of electric drums today - Ron and I alternate on playing that or a cajon.  Ron also played mandolin today on a couple songs.  Danny plays bass, and all the rest of us are on acoustic or electric guitar.

I like these guys.  Setting up (and tearing down) equipment gets a bit tedious, but we generally have some lunch, talk a bunch, then go after some tunes.  Mark generally works up charts that we can each have on our iPads.  Song selection is open to whatever anyone suggests... our music tastes vary.  All of these guys, except me, are volunteer workers at MIM, so they are tuned into a lot of different music styles.

No comments: