Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Heatwave...

 

If you said, "First made popular by Martha and the Vandellas in 1963," you get 20 bonus points.  If you said, "Another weather forecast?", you are pretty close.

I went to Mark's today - first time in a long time that it has been just the two of us for making music.  We worked on an old song, worked on a new song, went out for lunch, the another old song, and finished up with re-visiting one of our originals.

I took my motorcycle to Mark's.  It was a nice ride there, except for me paying ultra attention to every crack in the road or rain groove, wondering if the plug in the rear tire was going to blow out.  It didn't.  When I got to Mark's, the air pressure was the same.  When I got ready to leave, I checked it again... it was down about a pound... probably because it took me three times to get a clean read with the air pressure gauge - the air valve is kinda tough to get at.

And it was hot on the way home.  "How hot was it?" (old Ed McMahon/Johnny Carson routine)  Thanks for asking: it was 87º when I left Mark's at 3:15.  I stopped at Cycle Gear on the way home to pick up another tire repair kit, since I used all 4 of the DynaPlug plugs to get one that worked.  They didn't have the basic kit I bought a couple years ago for about $10; but, they had the one for $59.99 on sale for only $34.99.  Oh, lucky me.  I don't want to be without a plug/patch kit

Joan was busy while I was gone: she put together a bench and two patio chairs (Vine acquisitions).  They look good.  No sawing or drilling required.  The chair for Steph and Dan...


 The bench...


The floral pad was a separate Vine acquisition.  And the tall chair...

That is sitting next to the table and 2 chairs that we bought after we had the landscaping done.  It is the same color (gray and white), just a slightly different design.  The price was right.


No comments: