Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Moving...

 

No, we are not ready to make another move.  I got a text yesterday from the lady who manages the business where our motorhome is stored: they are installing bird netting to keep birds from nesting in the overhead cover... that means we need to move our motorhome to another spot while they work in the area where our site is located.

We drove to Goodyear, had a nice breakfast out (Black Bear Diner), then to the storage place.  Even though we were only moving 100 yards or so, we have to go through about the same amount of work as gearing up for a day's drive (minus the loading process).  Windshield cover off, cargo trailer hooked up, exercise the generator, then drive the 100 yards or so to our new temporary site.  This site is a bit longer, so we can keep the coach and trailer connected.

Then, a bit of shopping.  Joan remembered that I asked where the closest Cycle Gear was to our house... "Do you want to stop there to look for anything?"  That's a bit like asking a boater if they want to go to West Marine.  "Why, yes, I would."

I am pretty well equipped for riding gear... except for a light (preferably white) colored mesh riding jacket.  This would be the time of year to find something like that here in the Valley of the Sun.  They were out of my size in the Bilt (their house brand) white mesh jackets, but they did have one in a nicer Rev'it mesh jacket with armor.  I compared it to some other options.

By this time, Joan was done that the clothing store she had checked out nearby and came into the Cycle Gear.  She asked what I had been looking at and declared that Rev'it jacket as her idea of the best of what I was considering.

Sold.  It is supposed to get up to the low 90s today - a good time to check out the new jacket.

When we got home, I took the scoot for a ride; about an hour and a half, in the sunny afternoon, 91º (when I checked).  I did some stop & go riding in traffic, some light traffic surface roads, and some fun twisties.  "So, how'd the jacket do?" you ask.  Thanks for asking.  I have other mesh jackets - this is the only white one, and (as you'd expect) it feels cooler when out in the mid-afternoon sun here in the desert.  "Was it hot?"  Well, it's the freakin' desert, so yeah, it was hot.  But, it was less hot than my other jackets.

I would call this a livable solution for having protection when riding in the heat.  The jacket has armor in the shoulders and elbows, and 600 denier in places you might, um... skid.  For anyone keeping track, this is the Rev'it Eclipse 2 Mesh Riding Jacket.  👍

A few more images from today's ride...





No comments: