Friday, April 12, 2024

Two in a row!

 

Which is better than just one in a row.  I get out for a ride most days - frequently, it is to South Mountain because it is so convenient... and great curves... and I'd have to go a lot more miles just to get to riding that is this entertaining if I headed any other direction.  It is a bit like having Iron Mountain Road in my neighborhood.

When I got to the highest point of road on the mountain, there were two guys on Vespa scooters there this morning.  Yesterday, it was a guy on a PCX scooter.  The guy yesterday pulled in as I was about to head out, after getting some video of the Corbin seat (for yesterday's video)... he doesn't know anyone else who rides a scooter, so he was interested in visiting.  He is new at this two-wheel stuff and is just giddy about how much fun it is to ride the PCX.  Yeah, I get that.  He also had questions about the Burgman... "Is that better on the highway than the PCX?"  (Oh, yeah.)

The guys today were from Missouri and were just out for a ride.  Yes, they towed the scooters here.  One was a 150 Sprint, the other an older GTS.  No, I didn't get a photo.  But, I did pull up near where they were parked and visited for a while.  They, too, had questions about the Burgman.  One of them even said, "Well, these Vespas aren't as road worthy as your 'big Burgman'."

I said, "Look close - that's a little Burgman - a 200... but I've had a couple GTS Vespas."  They told me they don't ever take their scoots on the highway.  To be fair, the 150 would be a road hazard here, but the GTS 300 could handle it... the guy with the 300 said, "Those little wheels are not safe on the highway."  I don't agree with that, but didn't feel the need for a debate.  Good looking scoots.  They complimented the Burgman and one of them said, "That Corbin seat looks pretty comfy!"  Yep.

Before I got to the top, I did take some stills and video... just because.





 I was shooting with the Insta360 Go 3, so the perspective is from the chin mount on my helmet.




Lots of yellow flowers along one section of the road, and the ocotillo are starting to bloom...




I was home before noon - it is supposed to get to 96º today, and I was feeling the heat on the way home.

Before the ride, I made breakfast and we dined out on the patio.  Late lunch was at Five Guys, after some other running around.

I may even get a nap in before the sun goes down.  It's a grind, but I do what I can to keep up.


No comments: