Thursday, May 9, 2024

I could just sit around making music all day long...

 

If you said, "From the song 'I Believe In Music' by Mac Davis, 1972," you get 20 bonus points.  If you asked, "Can you really just sit around making music all day long?"... no, I can't.  We did about 4 hours of music yesterday, and my hands and voice could feel it.  Plus - it is important to make time each day to ride a motorcycle or scooter.  ;-)

Mark and Ron came to our house yesterday; only the third time I've had music buddies here to make some music since we moved in.  The first time Mark and Cindy came to visit shortly after we moved in.  The second time was in March when Earl (from Idaho) was here.  Mark, Ron, and I generally get together at one of their places, so it was a treat to have them here.  I had guitars, mics, amps, and drums to go around... Mark did bring one of his guitars (but got to play a variety of mine) and Ron brought his mandolin (and played drums and a couple of my guitars); I got to sit at my desk to play and sing, with the mixer right at hand - pretty darn convenient.

Towards the end of the afternoon, Joan did swing by to get a couple photos of the occasion...


I think we all had a good time (I know I did).  

Joan got this song on video on her iPhone as we wrapped things up...




No comments: