Thursday, May 2, 2024

Sneak Attack...

 

These two crack me up...


 That's Murphy with his back to the camera, Tango on the other side of the tunnel.  After Steph and Dan go to work, we let Tango come over for a visit - he and Murphy play together with gusto.  With that tunnel toy, there are many opportunities for "sneak attacks."  And, they each take advantage of those opportunities.

I think this playtime is good for both of them.  With Murphy being an only cat, he gets some socialization.  Tango, being the youngest and smallest of Steph and Dan's 3 cats, gets playtime and exercise.


That gray streak above is Murphy making a surprise exit from the tunnel.  Playing with a nearby feather toy below is Tango...


Eventually, they wear each other out...

For a moment...



--------

Out on Joan's Xmax today: I am riding it more than she is these days... it really is a great bike!  I have said in the past that it "doesn't fit me well," but I guess I am becoming more adaptable in my old age - I have been adapting first to the stock seat on the Burgman, then the oh-so-delightful Corbin... the Xmax has a relatively flat rider's portion and room to move around.  And, did I mention the power?  After putting over 1,000 miles on the Burgman, the Xmax feels like a sport bike.  Bigger wheels and more power to weight ratio; a little sportier riding postion.

Yes, I shot some video and stills.  I used the Go 3 camera, which is more like a GoPro but a LOT more reliable and easy to use.  Also, way less editing, since you don't have the entire 360 sphere of views to pick from.  I had the camera mounted on the chin of my helmet, so the view is "fixed" from the rider's point of view.  It's a change of pace.

I can't help myself with the whole camera thing - it's not because I spent most of my adult life as a professional photographer... I like the view of the road, the view the way the rider sees it.  Of course, the road has to be interesting - not some straight slab to the horizon.  And the roads on South Mountain are very interesting.  I like the looking at the photos and videos.


A quail family ran across the road...

That's them in the other lane; and, yes, I did slow way down for them.  And speaking of slow: there was very little traffic on the mountain roads today (just the way I like it).  I did get behind this Tahoe on my way back down the mountain...


He did pull over at the first opportunity to let me get around...


I gave him a friendly wave as I went by.  Earlier, I came across another car stopped on the road (fortunately, in the other lane)...


That is the lady driver on the side, on her way back to her SUV.  I don't know what possesses people to think it is OK to stop on the road.  On a curve.

A great ride!  I have the stills and video to prove it.  ;-)




No comments: